The Effective Communication course aims to ensure that all managers have the skills to communicate effectively with their team and a wider audience. On this course participants will share experience, reflect on current practice and develop news skills with the opportunity to practice in a safe environment and gain feedback on their effectiveness.
By the end of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Identify the skills that managers need to improve the communication process in the workplace.
- Discuss and practice communication techniques that are most effective in critical conversations.
- Identify the filters and judgements (barriers) that can impact communication and how to overcome them.
- Understand how our values (both the organisations and our own) are represented in our communication.
- Discuss and demonstrate the importance of listening.
Course Duration: 12 hours.
Other courses helpful for development: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, The 5 Choices to Extraordinary Productivity, Emotional Wellbeing and Resilience, Meeting Advantage.
Who Should Apply?
Anyone currently working as a manager in The Salvation Army.
Note: Should an employee/officer book a place on a course but then subsequently fail to attend or complete the course, repayment of cost of the course will be charged to the department/appointment concerned (recoverable from the individual) (Policy CS04 Sect 6.5).