The 6 Critical Practices For Leading a Team
This solution equips first-level leaders with the essential skills and tools to get work done with and through other people.
This course enables organisations to:
- Fast- track the development of emerging leaders
- Equip leaders with the basic skills and tools every manager needs but few receive
- Level-set leadership skills across an organization so that all managers use a common skillset and toolset
- Explore the critical mindset shifts that will maximize your success as a leader of others.
- Increase engagement of team members by conducting regular 1-on-1s, deepen your understanding of team member issues, and help them solve problems for themselves.
- Create clarity about team goals and results; delegate responsibility to team members while providing the right level of support.
- Give feedback to develop team member confidence and competence; improve your own performance by seeking feedback from others.
- Identify specific actions to help team members navigate and accelerate through change and achieve better performance.
- Use weekly planning to focus on the most important priorities, and strengthen your ability to be an effective leader by applying the 5 Energy Drivers.
Learning hours: 8 hours.
Learning Platform: Zoom.
Other courses helpful for development: Servant Assertiveness, The 7 Habits of highly effective people, Presentation Advantage, Project Management Essentials.
Who Should Apply?
This course equips first-level leaders with the essential skills and tools to get work done with and through other people. The program is ideal for new leaders who need to transition successfully from individual contributors to leaders of others. It also applies to leaders who have been in their roles for some time, and are looking for practical and relevant guidance on how to effectively lead and manage their teams. Participants do not need prior experience with other FranklinCovey programs, although this background is helpful.
Note: Should an employee/officer book a place on a course but then subsequently fail to attend or complete the course, repayment of cost of the course will be charged to the department/appointment concerned (recoverable from the individual) (Policy CS04 Sect 6.5)