Multicultural World, Intercultural Mission
- The meaning and theology of intercultural mission.
- An understanding of an intercultural church.
- Building an intercultural church (all peoples and generations).
- Building and developing an intercultural leadership team.
- The important role the intercultural church plays in community.
- An understanding of the history of immigration and how this has impacted the values of equality and diversity.
By the end of this course, delegates should be able to:
- Understand a theology of intercultural mission and its importance in this world.
- Understand key attributes to building an intercultural church for all peoples and generations.
- Understand the key attributes of building an intercultural leadership team.
- Understand the important history of immigration and how this impacts the values of equality and diversity.
Reading of the books:
- Michael Jagessar, Ethnicity, the Inclusive Church Resource
- Owen Hylton, Crossing the Divide
- Miroslav Volf, Exclusion & Embrace
Who Should Apply
- Officers, Pioneer Leaders, TEs and anyone journeying in racially diverse areas. Also people who have recently moved to a racially diverse area, including inner-city and urban.
- DME’s and divisional leaders, especially those who are predominantly in hyper diverse areas.
Note: Should an employee/officer book a place on a course but then subsequently fail to attend or complete the course, repayment of cost of the course will be charged to the department/appointment concerned (recoverable from the individual) (Policy CS04 Sect 6.5).