Paediatric First Aid
All first aid courses are delivered locally and dates and times arranged with the LDO.
First Aid is probably one of the most essential skills that people should have if working with working with children, infants and babies. There are some distinct differences when performing first aid on children and babies as opposed to adults.
This course must be taken alongside the First Aid At Work or First Aid course.
- Understand the role and responsibility of the Paediatric First Aider
- To perform emergency first aid to a child and baby
- Treatment of unconscious casualty who is breathing – recovery position
- Treatment of a unconscious casualty who is not breathing – CPR
- Treatment of a choking casualty
- Treatment of a casualty with external bleeding
- Treatment of a casualty with a seizure
- Treatment of a suspected injury to bones, muscles and joints
- Treatment of a casualty with suspected head and spinal injuries
Contact your Learning Development Officer for information on courses in your division.