MPA Faith-Based Leadership, Level 7 Apprenticeship (England)
The Faith-Based Leadership Degree Apprenticeship delivered by University of Birmingham, is a 2 year, part-time programme which can be completed on-long side your current work commitments. It is aimed at senior leaders and emerging senior leaders roles, that deal with faith-based issues as part of their everyday life
The programme seeks to develop effective, leaders who can help their organisations maximise their impact for the good of society.
- A unique combination of insight and learning in organisational leadership, professional development and theological reflection upon practice in an interreligious and interdenominational context
- Collaborative online learning delivery with plenty of opportunities to learn from colleagues as well as leading academic experts with experience in faith community leadership
- Strong focus on equality, diversity and inclusion in leadership and on In professional excellence in organisational management
- Special practitioner masterclasses led by leading international experts from a variety of religious and professional backgrounds
- For UK applicants only, the opportunity to complete the programme as a Master’s Level Degree Apprenticeship, which may lead to significant fee subsidies (subject to employment status)
Applicants will ordinarily require a 2:1 or above at undergraduate level (or equivalent), three years’ experience in a leadership role at some level (not necessarily a senior yet), and will need to be employed with The Salvation Army or an acting officer in a leadership capacity, with the capacity to dedicate approximately 8 hours a week on average to their studies throughout the two years. Support is made available by the university to those who need help and guidance with academic writing or any learning needs.
Functional Skills English and maths L2 (GCSE A*-C or equivalent) are required elements of this programme and you will need to provide your certificates. If you cannot provide your certificates you will need to achieve Functional Skills L2 English and/ or maths prior to taking the the end point assessment. If you haven’t got your GCSE (A or O Levels or equivalent) certificate, you may be able to obtain it from the awarding body or from your school. However, if you can’t, you will need to take the relevant Functional Skills Level 2 exam.
Progress review meetings; You and your leader/manager must attend 4 progress reviews per year. This is critical to the success of the apprenticeship. The purpose of these meetings is to ensure you receive the right support both at work and at the University.
University of Birmingham